sdms dr. tex taylor memorial scholarship
Guidelines and Requirements
printable guidelines scholarship application
Purpose: For the Southwestern Donkey & Mule Society (SDMS) to help, support and encourage its youth members to further their education.
To: High School Juniors and Seniors applying for the Southwestern Donkey and Mule Society Scholarship
Date: Revised February 22, 2014
Definition of Scholarship:·
- The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $750.00, but not limited to $750.00.
- The number of scholarships is relative to the amount of funds available and qualified applicants.
- The scholarship may be used for any accredited institution of higher learning, to include vocational and technical trade schools.
- Will be approved by the Scholarship Committee and the Board of Directors.
- All Juniors and Seniors in high school or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Must volunteer within the club and in some type of community service that is documented.
- Must be a member in good standing of Southwestern Donkey and Mule Society.
- Must have been a participating member for at least the prior year.
- There will only be one application per person per year.
- Failure to answer all questions and supply all supporting data will reduce your chances for scholarship consideration.
Instructions for filling out the application and materials to be provided:
- Type or print all information on pages one & two.
- Schools not wanting to disclose information to students may place the transcript and/or principal’s letter in sealed envelopes.
- Must furnish letter of reference from someone other than family member a) stating relationship to applicant and b) stating applicant’s general qualifications.
- Only one application per person per year is accepted. Follow the mailing instructions.
- Mail all application materials in the same envelope to insure we receive all your information.
- Must be received no later than May 1st of the application year. The recipient will be presented with a certificate at the Year End Banquet.
- Must submit a written essay with application. Must meet with scholarship committee.
- Sign your application.
- Mail to Chairperson of the SDMS Scholarship Committee. This information can be obtained from the club’s website: www.swdonkeyandmulesociety.com or by contacting one of the SDMS Board Members.
- Each scholarship winner must supply the scholarship committee proof of acceptance and enrollment to selected school before funds will be distributed. Funds will be paid directly to the selected school of the scholarship recipient.
- Consecutive scholarships to the same individual may be awarded if so judged.
- Scholarship funds must be used no later than the fall semester of the graduating year. Extenuating circumstances must be presented in writing to the Board prior to the start of the fall semester. Send letter “Return Receipt Requested”.
- Scholarship winner must be enrolled as a student in the school. Proof must be supplied with the documentation of acceptance and enrollment.
- When documentation is received by the SDMS Treasurer, the funds will be released to the educational institution.
- If the applicant is a senior, or equivalent, award notification will made by Scholarship committee in time for fall enrollment.
- SDMS membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.